The Sushumna Kriya Yoga Process
Sri Sri Sri Bhoga Siddar’s Gift of Sushumna Kriya Yoga to Humanity
The manifestation of God, Parama Gurus Sri Sri Sri Bhoga Siddar, Sri Sri Sri Mahavatar Babaji and Pujyasri Aathmanandamayi Maathaji wishing the entire world Eternal Peace and Happiness, gifted the unique form of Sushumna Kriya Yoga. The Gurus revealed that, through the regular practice of Sushumna Kriya Yoga one can attain (Moksha) enlightment and eternal bliss irrespective of ones life style.
There are 4 essential & easy steps to practice Sushumna Kriya Yoga. Before proceeding further please select the suitable “length of time for meditation” according to the each age group in the table given below.
- Below 10 years 7 minutes
- 10 – 15 years 14 minutes
- 15 – 21 years 21 minutes
- Above 21 years 49 minutes
1. Yoga Mudra or ‘Sri Chakra’ Mudra
Sit in a very comfortable position(on a chair, sofa, bed or floor) with eyes closed for the next 7/14/21/49 minutes with the spine erect, and shoulders relaxed. Keep Yoga Mudra on your lap/ thighs, wherever most comfortable.
Holding Yoga Mudra balances both sides of the brain to enhance the flow of more Divine energy into our system. This forms the srichakra in the navel which attracts divine cosmic energy. This cleanses the strong beeja or impressions embedded in the navel which obstruct our spiritual growth
2. Chant AUM (Primordial sound)
Now you must start chanting AUM softly and rhythmically, and chant it 21 times.
The chanting of “AU” syllable is less and “UM” syllable is more. Make sure that the AUM sound vibrations starts from Navel position(Manipuraka chakra) and travels upwards to the Head region(the Ajana and Crown chakras).
Focus on your own chanting and enjoy the vibrations. Stop chanting AUM after 21 times.
3. Deep & Long breaths
Now, take long and deep breaths. Inhale slowly, and fill up your lungs completely. Now, exhale and empty your lungs. As you inhale, feel the positive/virtuous things entering the body i.e. health, peace, happiness, success, love, As you exhale, feel the negative things going out i.e. stress, diseases, anger, disturbances, depression etc.
Take 14 such long, deep breaths.
4. Focus on the ‘Ajna Chakra’ or ‘Third Eye’ Region
Now gently bring your focus on to the third eye region (the Ajna chakra), the point between your eyebrows. While doing so, keep your face relaxed. Do not apply any sort of pressure on the forehead as this might cause headache.
Keep your mind clear, do not chant any Mantra mentally/outwardly or visualize any form of Gods/ Masters during this 7/14/21/49 minutes of meditation. Maintain absolute silence throughout your meditation.
5. Completing Meditation
Release the Yoga Mudra after you complete your 7/14/21/49 minutes session. Gently bring both the palms to touch eyes/face and keep them there for a 5-6 seconds.
Slowly flutter open your eyes inside the closed palms, look into the palms with half opened eyes and slowly take the palms away & open your eyes fully with a gentle & pleasant smile.
Important Do’s & Don’ts
- Do not open the eyes OR break yoga mudra till the end of the stipulated meditation session.
- Set an alarm for 7/14/21/49 minutes before starting your meditation session.
- 7/14/21/49 minutes includes Chanting of ‘AUM’, Deep Long Breaths and Focus at the Third Eye Region.
- Chanting of ‘AUM’, deep long breaths and focus at third eye region will help you to cut down your thoughts and help in attaining a thoughtless state.
- The first 49 days is crucial. It will establish the channelling/contact to & with the Gurus/Masters. Once begun, you should practice this meditation throughout life .